The decay of Rome reaches violent depths in Shakespeare’s most bloody play.
Titus is a ruler exhausted by war and loss, who relinquishes power but leaves Rome in disorder. Shakespeare’s gory revenge tragedy presents us with murder as entertainment, and, as the body count piles up, poses questions about the nature of sexuality, family, class and society.
Blanche McIntyre returns to the RSC to direct Shakespeare’s brutal revenge tragedy after her debut directing The Two Noble Kinsmen (2016).
To celebrate the broadcast of this masterful play in Curzon cinemas, we give you the opportunity to win a great bundle of prizes including:
- a poster signed by the cast
- an official program
- a Titus Andronicus CD
- two theatre tickets to any show in the RSC Rome Season in Stratford-upon-Avon or London (subject to availability, does not include travel or accommodation)*
To enter, simply answer the question question below: email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Titus Andronicus" in the subject line or tweet the answer @curzoncinemas.
In Titus Andronicus, which character says the line:
"Rome is but a wilderness of tigers" ?
RSC Live: Titus Andronicus will be broadcast live via satellite from the Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Stratford-upon-Avon, Wednesday 9 August at 7.00pm.
Bloomsbury | Victoria | Chelsea | Richmond | Wimbledon | Knutsford | Canterbury | Ripon | Sheffield
Please be aware that the performance of Titus Andronicus has been issued an As Live 15 rating by the British Board of Film Classification for violent scenes.
The competition closes Sunday 6 August at midnight.
With thanks to Trafalgar Releasing.
*Terms and conditions:
- choice of any production from the following: Julius Caesar, Antony and Cleopatra, Titus Andronicus, Coriolanus, Vice Versa, Salome, or Dido, Queen of Carthage in Stratford-upon-Avon or at London's Barbican
- two tickets cannot be exchanged once confirmed and no monetary alternative will be offered
- winner can select the performance subject to availability