CURZON MEMBERS GIVEAWAY: WIN TICKETS TO 'a monster calls' at the old vic
We're delighted to team up with The Old Vic theatre to give Curzon Members the chance to win tickets with interval drinks to A Monster Calls, a powerful new production directed by Sally Cookson, based on the bestselling novel by Patrick Ness and the 2016 film directed by J. A. Bayona.
Enter our members' competition using the entry form at the end of this page!
‘Stories are wild creatures, the monster said. When you let them loose, who knows what havoc they might wreak?’
Patrick Ness’s piercing novel A Monster Calls is brought to The Old Vic stage in a powerful new adaptation by visionary director Sally Cookson.
Thirteen-year-old Conor and his mum have managed just fine since his dad moved to America. But now his mum’s very sick and she’s not getting any better. His grandmother won’t stop interfering and the kids at school won’t look him in the eye.
Then, one night, at seven minutes past midnight, Conor is woken by something at his window. A monster has come walking. It’s come to tell Conor tales from when it walked before. And when it’s finished, Conor must tell his own story and face his deepest fears.
On publication, A Monster Calls became a bestseller with children and adults alike with its dazzling insight into love, loss and healing. It garnered huge critical acclaim, including an unprecedented double win of the Carnegie and Greenaway Medals for outstanding children’s literature and illustration and was made in to a film by J.A. Bayona.
This adaptation is suitable for adults and older children aged 10+.
A Monster Calls plays at the Old Vic from 7 July for 6 weeks only
REHEARSAL PHOTO GALLERY
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED
We're delighted to team up with The Old Vic theatre to give Curzon Members the chance to win tickets to A Monster Calls, a powerful new production directed by Sally Cookson, based on the bestselling novel by Patrick Ness and the 2016 film directed by J. A. Bayona (Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom).
One lucky winner will be selected at random from the entries submitted to win a pair of tickets, interval drinks and a programme. This competition closes on Friday 8 June at 12noon.
To enter this giveaway, simply fill in the form below with your Curzon membership details and answer the competition question. Good luck!
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- Prize is two tickets to A Monster Calls at The Old Vic theatre, a programme and two interval drinks (includes house wine, beer or a soft drink).
- Tickets available for performances between 12-21 July 2018 (excluding the performance on 17 July).
- Tickets are subject to availability, non-transferable, and no cash alternative will be offered. Tickets must be collected from the box office and will not be sent. No transport costs are covered.
- Interval drinks include a glass of house wine, bottled beer or a soft drink.
- Prizes cannot be exchanged for their monetary value or other Curzon Cinemas or The Old Vic products or events.
- Winners will be selected at random from all valid entries received.
- The competition is not open to Old Vic or Curzon employees.
- The competition closes on Friday 8 June at 12:00.
- The winners will be contacted after the competition closes by Curzon Cinemas or by their appointed representatives.
- If the winner does not claim their prize within 5 days of being notified, then their prize will be forfeited and another winner will be selected.
- Curzon’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Curzon reserve the right to alter and/or cancel the competition without any prior warning.
- All personal data submitted with consent will be kept by Curzon for the purpose of sending out the prize.
- The competition is open to UK entrants aged 18 and over.