The V&A are offering one lucky winner a pair of tickets to this major retrospective presenting the work of American photographer and film-maker, Paul Strand (1890-1976). The exhibition is the first in the UK since the artist’s death. Strand was one of the greatest photographers of the 20th-century whose images have defined the way fine art and documentary photography is understood and practiced today. His work had a significant impact on film-making.
The exhibition displays around 200 objects spanning Strand’s entire career, including his breakthrough trials in abstraction and candid street portraits, close-ups of natural and machine forms, and extended explorations from the American Southwest to France, Italy, Scotland, Ghana and beyond. A significant number of additional vintage prints from the V&A’s own collection are on display.
The international tour is organised by the Philadelphia Museum of Art in collaboration with Fundación MAPFRE and made possible by the Terra Foundation for American Art.
The prize bundle includes:
- 4 exhibition tickets
- Paul Strand: Master of Modern Photography (Hardback exhibition catalogue)
- Read This If You Want to Take Great Photographs (Paperback book)
- Exhibition poster
For a chance to win, answer this simple question
The competition closes on Monday 9 May. The winner will be notified by the Curzon Membership Team on or after that date.
Paul Strand: Film and Photography for the 20th Century at the V&A runs until 3 July 2016, supported by the American Friends of the V&A.
With thanks to the V&A.
Terms & Conditions
- Tickets valid daily from 10.00-16.30, 19 March – 3 July 2016 (excluding last two weekends)
- One entry per household
- Competition is open to Curzon Members only
- This prize has no cash value
- Prize will be delivered by a third party (AKAUK)
- Winner will be notified by email from the Curzon Membership Team