The BFG is the exciting tale of a young London girl and the mysterious Giant who introduces her to the wonders and perils of Giant Country. Written by the late, great Melissa Mathison (E.T.), it is based on the beloved novel by Roald Dahl, “The BFG” (Big Friendly Giant), which was published in 1982 and has been enchanting readers of all ages ever since. Dahl’s books, which also include “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,” “James and the Giant Peach,” “Matilda” and “Fantastic Mr. Fox,” are currently available in 58 languages and have sold over 200 million copies worldwide.
Starring Oscar and BAFTA winner, stage legend Mark Rylance as the Big Friendly Giant, and introducing Ruby Barnhill as Sophie, the little girl who gets to meet the Queen of England (Penelope Wilton), Steven Spielberg's The BFG is a film to delight all human beans - big and small alike. (Or, as some might say, it's a film for titchy little snapperwhippers and old sage and onions too!)
The BFG is released in cinemas on 22 July. It's only a few sleeps to go (yay! Summer holidays!), so we recommend you book your tickets nice and early.
ENTER OUR BFG PRIZE DRAW
Now, since we don't gobblefunk with words, we have a funtastical competition for a lucky few early bird bookers to win one of two very special prizes:
WINNER: Roald Dahl Afternoon tea for 4 at Aqua Shard (London) (including Frobscottle - er, champagne - for those over 18)
Aqua Shard is a contemporary British restaurant and bar, with breath-taking views from the 31st floor of The Shard. Aqua Shard is the official restaurant partner of the Roald Dahl 100 celebrations this year, marking the centenary of the birth of the much loved author. Revel in childhood nostalgia with an afternoon tea that pays tribute to the imagination of the world’s number one storyteller.
RUNNER-UP: 4 x tickets for The Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre
The Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre is a great little award-winning Museum aimed at 6 to 12 year-olds and their families, and is situated in the village where Roald Dahl lived and wrote for 36 years. The Museum has three fun and fact-packed interactive galleries. ‘Boy’ focuses on Roald Dahl’s school days. ‘Solo’ features his original Writing Hut. The ‘Story Centre’ offers fantabulous creative displays and activities to inspire you. Workshops, events and free storytelling take place at weekends and in school holidays.
With special thanks to eOneUK.
Terms & Conditions
1. Open to residents of UK mainland only.
2. Prize draw is only open to those entrants aged 18 or over. Children are of course welcome to attend the afternoon tea and Museum activities.
3. Closing date for free prize draw is 22 July 2016.
4. To enter, participants must pre-book for The BFG at participating Curzon Cinemas (any site available at the time) and submit a completed form. Bookings for cinemas outside of the Curzon Cinemas group are not valid.
5. One winner and one runner-up will be selected at random by Curzon Cinemas and contacted via the email address provided.
6. If the prize is not claimed within 3 working days, another winner will be drawn and the original winner forfeits the prize.
7. The first prize package includes 4 x afternoon tea. The afternoon tea prize is subject to availability and must be booked in advance at AquaShard. The tea is served Monday – Friday 1-5pm from 25th July – 30th September 2016. The prize package is for the Roald Dahl 100 afternoon tea for four with a glass of Yellow Label Veuve Clicquot champagne per person, (subject to the guest being over 18).
8. The runner-up prize consists of 4 x tickets for the Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre. Travel is not included.
9. In the event that any prizes become unavailable, they may be replaced by one of equal or greater value.
10. Only one entry per household is permitted.
11. There is no cash alternative.
12. The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable.
13. Promoters’ decision is final and in the event of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
14. Prize draw is not open to employees of eOne, Curzon Artificial Eye, Curzon Film World, Curzon Cinemas or their agencies.
15. By taking part in the promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Any breach of these terms and conditions by the winner may result in the forfeiture of the prize.